You'll never believe where we are going... Your prayers and faith have made it possible for my little family to be together in our own home tonight.
Jace received chemo this morning, and we were discharged after they observed him for a few hours. We will be giving his meds to him over the weekend, and won't go back to Primary Children's until Monday. That means four nights in our own beds. Sooooooo...all of you faithful followers....is now a good time to ask you to let us rest? Heheh. We want to see all of you so much, but Jace is officially immuno-compromised. That means, his immune system is not capable of functioning properly. We have to keep him from being exposed to any kind of infection or sickness.
With that said, let me express our deepest, most sincere thanks we can offer. We know it is through the entire community of family, friends, Hibbard wards and others, HK, Madison School District, and everyone else praying, that our little Jace isn't sitting in a hospital bed right now. We have a long road ahead of us, but we know with your support we are going to win this battle with Leukemia. (When I get weak and have days of doubt please remind me how strong I'm feeling now. )
This morning the Salt Lake Fire Department came to Primary Children's Hospital for Jace. They let him get in their truck, start the engine and blow the horn. As he sat in the driver's seat I thought of all the effort the firemen made to get to the hospital, and I knew I could times that by ten to compare it to what is happening in our own community. Thank you, thank you.
When Jace climbed out of the fire truck he looked west over Salt Lake. He reached his arms up for me to carry him, and as I gathered him he whispered in my ear, "Mom, look at the view." I nodded with tears in my eyes knowing his sweet spirit will carry him. The view is sometimes clouded with hospital walls, but not tonight. Tonight we will be home...and very grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jace,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Anniston and you probably don't remember me but we went to Yellowstone swimming together a couple years ago. I sure hope you get feeling better soon. Maybe we can go to Yellowstone again when you get feeling better. Good Luck. Anniston Gardner
Welcome home! Sleep tight!!
ReplyDelete. (\*** /) * . * .
* (\(_) / ) * Keep Smiling
(_/ ll \_) . * Brent & Maureen
*. /___\* .. *
I am so excited! That is the best news all week. I can't believe you got to start the fire truck let alone honk the horn! They just think you are as special as we do! That Hayden did an excellent job this morning. That football, basketball, baseball player sure did a great job cheering you on with all your friends and family, It was sure a good thing Aunt Tammy didn't have to give that speech because she would have been scared to death and been a big baby. Not Hayden! He just did super. You are all so tough! We love you tons and hope you will all enjoy your own beds and some quiet days together as a family.
ReplyDeleteKeep fighting, your doing great!
Love, Brad and Tamra
That's awesome!!! We are so excited for you guys. Get some much needed rest and report in the morning. :)
ReplyDeleteAMEN!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you all. Enjoy the comfort of your own beds and being all together! Amy- I was given a REALLY good book on leukemia for Ethan...Its called "Childhood Leukemia" by Nancy Keene. It has SO much info on anything and everything. They are on amazon for a pretty good price. (sorry, if I knew your address I would've just ordered it for you) :) Lots of love and prayers are being sent your way!!!
ReplyDeleteWELCOME HOME!!!
ReplyDeleteYippee!
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad you are home!!! Now you can watch you on the news tonight Jace. The peprally was so cool I hear!! Hayd will be glad to sleep in his own bed too I am sure!! Have a great night together!
ReplyDeleteLove Shawn, Melissa, Lish and Ky
We were sitting at the dinner table ready to say the prayer and I was reminding the kids to remember Jace in the prayer and Josh said that he had just seen Matt holding Jace in your driveway on his way home from picking Porter up from football practice (Porter misses you every time he plays football and can't wait until you can come back and play). I couldn't believe it! I had to get on the computer right after dinner to see his progress. I wish so much that we could come and welcome you home, but know that we can't. That's OK. I'm so glad you can be together as a family for a few days before going back. We love Jace and your family and are grateful for your return home.
ReplyDeleteHey guys. I have been reading every day since J.S. told me. I don't know what to say. One minute we were singing a silly pirate song and "Dance Dance Dance", and the next day, boom. I love you guys. Keep up the strength. I am sending you what I can from Oregon. Jace, your the toughest little guy around and you are going to be throwing that football way over my head again in no time. I am glad your guys are home. Love is there.
ReplyDeleteJace, You have no idea how much i love you and how hard i am praying for you! You are such a strong little guy and i KNOW with all my heart that everything will work out and be ok! When you get all better you still have to come over to my house and swim in my pond, remember?? I HAVE GOT TO see you soon because i miss you SO much! I WILL see you soon!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY LITTLE JACE!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Your buddy Lesley :)
Tonight I went on a bike ride hoping that when I pulled onto 3000 West that Jace could catch me and we could race home. Then all of the sudden from no where a white truck ran me off the road. It worked out perfect and I was able to race you home. Now to set the story straight You kicked my trash. I have never been so happy to be comming home knowing that you were at my side. Glad to have you home dude. See you tomorrow
ReplyDeleteWe could not be happier that you are home. In your own BEDS!!! Get some much needed rest, and know we are all thinking about you. Enjoy the quite time as a family, and know that we are here if you should need anything. Good luck with the next few days.
ReplyDeleteGood night!!!
Yeah! I am so happy for you guys. Hope all goes well.
ReplyDeleteHi Jace. It's Dr. Kerry, the resident who took care of you. I've had fun checking out your blog today. It seems like there are tons of people that care a lot about you and you're family! And I'm not surprised at all because you are a great kid and have wonderful parents. I know you'll do really well and make sure you say hi to me if you see me in the halls at Primarys!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best news EVER!!!! I'm doing the "Jace is Home" dance!! Wish you could see it.
ReplyDeleteJace, you and your Mom and Dad are my newest heros. You don't know me but my name is Anthony Shurtliff. I'm glad you got spunk cause thats what going to get you through this. Sounds like your still craking jokes. Your amazing to pray for your brother and think of him. My family will pray for you and your entire family. Were glad your home. And to your parents you are the most amazing parents a kid could ask for
ReplyDeletethat is the BEST news! Have a wonderful weekend....your family certainly deserves it! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhat fantastic news!!! Have a great weekend..
ReplyDeleteLoves, The Twitchell family
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers with your family. The Pirmary Childrens crew are the best they will take good care of all of you
ReplyDeleteHope you are back to riding your horse soon Jace I think you are confused just a bit I don't think he is Blue at all more like Silver Get lots of rest while you are home
Cindy Mackay Caudle (tell Grandma Vicki hi for me)
Although I dont believe you will remember me, I do remember you. I graduated this past year ( 2009 ). I remember playing water games with you and the rest of the senior crew, I remember it so well because looking at you I remember you having so much energy and passion you even slide to the next bases playing water kick ball. I was amazed at how much energy you had, and how cute and little you were. I know you are strong and your family is too. My prayers are with you and your family. I know your strong and can make it, I believe in you.
ReplyDelete- Lorna Reed
HOORAY! Miracles happen every day! Enjoy the weekend together! We pray for you every day!
ReplyDeleteThe Jared and Katie Sommer family
HOME!! What a wonderful word. I am so glad that you were able to come home and especially be together as a family! I hope you can get some much needed rest!! I can't believe all that you have had to go through in seven days!
ReplyDeleteIt is so exciting to look out the window and see your lights on tonight! Welcome Home!!
ReplyDeleteJace-
The excitement from the pep rally this morning carried over into pacers. The students were so excited, they wanted to give you their pacer tokens! They ran 25 miles for you, Jace! All this for one amazing Jace!! Tuesday will be our official "Pacers for Jacers" day. Your friends at Hibbard love you so much, they want to run pacers for you!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Hello Matt, Amy, Hayden and Jace! I've been reading your blog tonight and tears have filled my eyes. What a sweet, special, family you are. There are so many wonderful people in this world that are thinking of you and praying for you! (including us) I remember going to a basketball game at Madison many years ago, and I saw all of you there. Jace was a tiny little newborn. And I remember thinking, "How lucky, they have two little handsome boys!" You have had a crazy, emotional and tiresome week. We want you to know that we are thinking of you and know that this tough little IRONMAN will make it through this crazy stuff. We believe in you, too! We hope that you have a GREAT weekend at home and can get some much needed rest!
ReplyDeletewith love, Mike & Katie Taylor and girls!
More tender mercies: A few days away from the hospital,your own beds and of course just being together as a family. It gives me warm fuzzies. Lot of love, The Telford Crew
ReplyDeleteOh Amy, that is just the best news; it must have been heaven to step into your home. I took a day yesterday to help Aaron and Heather because their baby had surgery, so I got to drive Jantzen around. He was so proud to be wearing his shirt. The front says "Ironman Jace" and the back says "My Hero." Andrea had them printed for Austin and Jantzen. We're thrilled to have you home. People ask me if I have talked to you; I almost feel guilty telling them no, but I'll keep in touch this way. What more could you say? Thanks for the detailed blogs - hopefully we'll all honor your need for some peace and quiet. Just know you are constantly in our prayers and thoughts; Homecoming today. We will miss you for lunch. Our Love, Bob and Janene
ReplyDeleteGreat news to hear that you are back for a few days. How nice it must be to be in your own beds again. Amy, thank you for making the effort to write some thoughts and feelings down and for being willing to share in such a struggle. Welcome back Ironman! You don't know me, but I work at your Mom's school. I pray for you guys every morning and every night, and I know you can fight this. Take care and keep battling.
ReplyDeleteRylan Ricks
My little 4-year old said this to me this morning... "Mom, you know what's really good? Dylan's cousin gets to go home yesterday!" We're thinking of you and hope you have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteDid you get to see the segment on TV about the pep rally? We just bought a new video camera at the school and I am having a hard time figuring out how to run the new format. Anyway, we will get you a copy. Channel 8 did a great job and look for a story in the Saturday Standard Journal.
ReplyDeleteThe children at Hibbard wanted to make sure Jace was able to get him 50 miles in so that he could go to the end of the year field trip. Children have already donated enough of the tokens they have earned to give Jace 25 miles. We are going to have a special "Pacers for Jacers" next Tuesday where kids can either keep their tokens for running laps or they can donate them to Jace. Don't be surprised if gets a few hundred miles worth.
A man who whishes to remain anonymous came into my office and handed me a $50 bill to be donated to Jace. The truth is, angels are all around us. The best ones dress just like the rest of us and don't want any attention. They just work their silent magic through countless miracles on our behalf. Isn't it great to be surrounded by so many angels.
Have a great day and welcome home.
Amy I can't imagine how much your lives have turned inside out in a week. I think it was only 2 weeks ago that I saw you and Jace at the mall doing a little back to school shopping! Everyone loves you guys so much and our little family is praying for you also. Jace - you are such a special little guy and so many people care about you and are willing to do anything go help you. Even strangers - can you believe that?! We all hope that you get feeling better really soon!
ReplyDeleteBeth Willmore
Matt, Amy, and Jace,
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news to hear. We are all praying for you too. The kids did something for Jace and Hayden so we'll put it in the mailbox or on you front steps sometime. We are so glad to have you home and wish it were for good. If Hayden wants to go to the game tonight we would be glad to take him. Don't hesitate to call @356-8169. He was cute on the TV. Get some much needed rest and take care.
Love
Dustin and Candice
I am so glad to hear you got to come home! You guys take it easy this weekend and enjoy the time at home together! If you need any help with anything please let us help! I know a guy who can mow your lawn for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Rydalch's
I'm so glad you got to come home for a few days. That will make a difference for all of you to be together. It will help heal all of the sadness. Love to you all.
ReplyDeleteLeatham family,
ReplyDeleteGood news to be home..a good nights sleep in your own bed is wonderful. Keep fighting the fight and know we are all with you in spirit and prayers! Taunya and Jordyn Hansen