Saturday, October 3, 2009

Brothers


I'm not really sure what to write about today. I guess I'll let my fingers decide. If you've been with us from the start, then you know my absence from writing yesterday was rare...but I didn't have the energy emotionally or physically to share my thoughts. I'm feeling stronger today, and since you are all sooo supportive, I'll try to keep this up.

As a review- we are home, and we won't return to Primary Children's Hospital until Oct. 12. Jace continues to take medicine every day, and he will receive his intravenous treatment locally this week. He is scheduled for another lumbar puncture and bone marrow biopsy on the 12th. We are anxious to see Jace’s labs this Monday, because he is pretty weak. This morning he was excited to try to go to a football game again. He even dressed in his favorite school clothes (for the first time in three weeks), and when we pulled into the game he was in tears. He realized he didn’t have the energy to get out of the vehicle. He slept through the game, and we brought him home with a sick stomach and a sad heart.

I’m not feeling picked on though. I just wish I could trade him places. His attitude remains mostly positive and sweet. We also continue to receive your strength through phone calls, gifts, cards and texts. I thought maybe it would start slowing down since the shock has worn off, yet we are receiving your continued support, and we are very grateful.


Hayden will be home from school with us for the next week. It is harvest break here in our district. I can’t help but think this will be good for both boys. Yesterday when I witnessed Hayden carrying Jace on his back, and finding the right snack for him, I cried thankful tears that as brothers they continue to serve one another. Heavenly Father knew Matt and I couldn’t do this alone, so he made sure we had a strong, incredible big brother for Jace. We are so blessed.

20 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for Big & Lil' brothers! They are truly amazing...those boys!!! Love you all, Aunt Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really it true they are so sweet to each other. I don't think I'll ever forget when we took them to the carnival and Jace was too short to go on any of the bigger rides that Hayden was interested in. So Hayden used all his tickets to go on the smaller ones with Jace so Jace wouldn't have to go alone. I was so impressed and amazed with their concern for one another. They are amazing boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What handsome boys!! I love the picture you posted!Hayden, I am SURE you are an amazing brother. I bet you are fighting this fight right along with Jace. I know Heavenly Father sent you to your family because you are such a great brother and son! Stay strong. We love you all! Stacie, Greg, and fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy~ You don't know but I know Paul & Melissa and their family (they are my cousins on the Webster side). I've followed your blog off and on since I found out about Jace. All of your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. I want to thank you for your inspiration and positive things you have written on here; they have made me think twice about many things. I'll continue to pray for you family. Stay positive and know others are thinking and hoping the best. Thanks, Melissa Webster

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching the blog from the beginning and just silently observe but its time to say something YOU ARE AN AMAZING FAMILY!!! tIMES WILL BE GOOD AND TIMES WILL BE TOUGH BUT YOU DON'T WALK ALONE!!! Aren't we greatful for families and the gospel that holds us together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I know that i have already told you what an amazing family you are but wow!!! You guys are such an example to all of us:) I love being able to read your blog to see how Jace is doing. I cannot help but think about this little boy who has touched my heart in ways i never imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw Hayden today at the game and he mentioned that you were there. We have always been so grateful that Hayden and Jaxon were such good friends (although highly competitive). Hayden is a great kid! We so much appreciate reading your updates and want you to know that we pray for Jace and your family daily:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jace!
    We hope you have a nice harvest break with Hayden home! I'll bet it will be fun to have Hayden home all day with you!!
    Regge says Hi!!
    What did you decide to be for Halloween?
    We are sure thinking of you!!
    Love the Daytons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy they say "Silence is Golden". If you are silent, I'm sure we will understand!! Take care of you and your family first. You will always be in our thoughts and prayers!! Brent & Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy,
    We had a good visit with Matt at the game, but had no idea you were there. I guess that's best. Then nobody bothers you. Enjoy those sweet tender moments. What a great big brother Hayden is. Our "group of boys" is a special one. We love you guys and think of you often!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I sit here this morning, and read the updates my heart aches and my eyes tear. I can not express the amount of love we feel for you guys, and the prayers at our home that are given in all of your behalfs each day. Hayden I am so proud you! There were many times in my life when your dad stepped in as the big brother in my life, and I am so grateful for that. You are so important to your brother! We all look at you as such a great example of true love. There is not a day that does not pass that I don't check in on the blog, or think about each of you. Family is so important, and I am so happy you are each part of mine! We love you guys! Be strong, and take each day as it comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what it is about that Hayden but he tugs at my heart strings! Jace is so lucky to have such a good big brother like him. This has probably been so hard on Hayden but he is such a strong boy too. Amy, you and Matt have the most amazing boys. I admire all four of you. I miss you guys like crazy. I hope we can come see you soon. Love you, Em

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long story how I came across your blog. I knew Matt for a short time a long time ago, he's a friend of an old friend. My heart breaks for you and for your family! My husband is battling cancer and so I know some of the agony you are going through. It looks to me like you have everything you need to pull through- great medical care, great family, friends, and community, a positive attitude, and the gospel. :) Hang in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Jace,
    I miss you at school. I am sorry you are sick. I am glad you have such a good big brother. I bet you are glad he doesn't have to go to school this week. I am excited to run in the fun run this Saturday. I'll be thinking of you when I run. I pray for you everyday. I hope you can come back to school soon. Love, Josten Judkins :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet pictures...and even sweeter bond between brothers!!! Enjoy the week with Hayden home!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful boys you have there! And what great parents they have learned from!!! Hope you enjoy your week with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy-
    I don't know you personally, but I do know your family & went to school with your brothers. I am very inspired by Jace's story and your strength to document it. I can totally feel just how amazing your boys are through your writing. Just seeing pictures of them just lights up my world. I really want to contribute to the Iron Man Jace foundation and think I might have a way to do so. If you could contact me via e-mail when you get a chance I would like to share some details- studio.ck@hotmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amy,
    I don't know you or your family personally but I am friends with Natalie (we work in the Primary together) and she posted your blog link on her blog. I have been following your blog and want to thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings and experiences. I check your blog almost everyday to see how Jace is doing. Your strength and faith through this struggle has helped me be stronger in my struggles(as small as they are compared to yours) and has helped me appreciate my family and loved ones more. I pray for you and your sweet family and think of you often as I go through out my day. I wish I could help you in some way. That is why I am writing...I thought maybe just knowing that others are praying for you and thinking about you, even if they don't know you, can help you hang in there in the harder times.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  19. You many have read this on the news, but I also wanted to pass it along just in case you didn't. Primary Children's Medical Center has a amazing opportunity to win an Ultimate Gameroom from The Children's Miracle Network in conjunction with Microsoft. All they need to win is YOUR VOTE! You can vote up to ten times a day and each time you vote you are entered to win an Xbox 360. Voting continues until October 16! http://xbox.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/default.aspx I just learned of this program to day and thought that this could help kids at PCMC. As of today PCMC was ranked 30th, but if you posted this on your blog I bet PCMC could be one of the three hospitals chosen for the Ultimate Game Room. I have been a follower of your life for the last month, and hope that you continue to be positive and have faith. Take Care. Jessica Junkert Bradshaw

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello friends! I was so happy to hear that you get to be home during harvest break until Oct 12th. Whoo hoo!!!! I loved reading about how brave you were to pick out a birthday card for Grandma. Way to go Hayden. . . . you are an amazing brother, and Jace, you are an amazing brother for Hayden. We are praying for you daily. Amree wishes her friend Jace could sing "The Family is of God" with her again . . . .someday, OK? She has been sick since the middle of September, too, and we haven't been able to visit you until we are all well. We love you and pray for you!
    Love, Sister Bean

    ReplyDelete