Monday, October 26, 2009

Consolidation Day 8: Lumbar Puncture

Jace received his Lumbar Puncture at Madison Memorial today, and it was beautiful not to have to drive to Salt Lake. We love Primary Children's Hospital, but we also love our local doctor and hospital- so today we were blessed to be able to stay here.

Jace was pretty mellow going into the procedure, and we learned it was because his numbers are a bit lower than last week. He's ok though. About the day he said, "That was no fun. It wasn't fun being put to sleep. It wasn't fun feeling weird, and it wasn't VERY fun waking up." That's the extent of his complaining. He's also been sick to his stomach all day, but he doesn’t complain about that. He just doesn’t eat much. Ice chips have been the food of the day.
It amazes me how much he endures and acts like it’s every day stuff. The lesson I’ve learned from our Iron Man today is the art of not complaining. So far today, he hasn’t spiked a fever either. Thank you all for your continued prayers. We are hearing stories of how Jace has started to be a routine name in family prayers in many homes of our friends, family, and blog readers.:) Thank you. We feel the strength of your prayers, and we appreciate your love.








When the nurse asked Jace if he wanted a wheelchair to leave, he declined and said, "I can walk today."

10 comments:

  1. That last picture is priceless!!!
    Love you all
    The Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong boy!! Keep up the good work! I feel your pain buddy, well actually I probably never will but I had a little glimpse of it today when I spent almost 2 hours today in the doctors office getting tests done! Stay strong little buddy! :) You guys are always in my prayers! I Love all the pictures! That one of you guys the other night at the game is my favorite! It was good to see you there! :) Lots of love!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in to say "HI"!!! We love you and know you are the truest IRONMAN out there! Love ya buddy, The J'dee Grover Fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must be stronger then a lot of people that i know. Even me. I have morning sickness that lasts all day and I am always saying I don't feel well. Im glade that you were able to go to the Hospital so close I bet he loves just takeing a short trip in stead of a long drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jace, I sure love you. Thanks for teaching me another lesson!
    Love,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when I thought you couldn't top your toughness, you square up you shoulders, refuse a wheelchair and walk right out the hospital on your own 2 feet. Man, we're proud of you. Tell your mom, dad and brother that they were lucky enough to make it into Gabby's prayers last night. ; ) Usually it's just 'Bwess Jace get beddow' repeated 5 times, so she must be missing them as much as she's missing you. We love you and can't wait to see how you and Hayd look in your costumes. Cross your fingers we'll be healthy by Saturday.

    Love you guys!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jace, We love you so much!! You are our favorite little guy in the world!! We cant believe how good your doing! We're so thankful! I (lesley) wish i were as tough and unstoppable as you are! You're my hero! We're so happy you are doing so good!! Love ya!! We hope we get to play with ya soon
    The Hayes Girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, guys! Well it`s good to hear that you are doing a little better! You are my hero too!!! Like no joke it was super hero today at school and I wanted to dress up as you but T had nothing to wear! (exept mt wristband! I never take it off!) Well since I had nothing to wear looks like I am going to need a shirt or somthing for next year!!! ;) Haha just joking! Love ya always,
    Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the priceless picture at the end where Matt and Jace was walking out hand in hand. It reminds me of When Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ takes our hands and walks with us each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of Matt and Jace. They are both heroes in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete