Friday, June 1, 2012

The Good, Bad, and...Warty




Good
*Jace and Hayden are both enjoying baseball, and Matt and I are enjoying the amazing friends we hang out with at games.
*Hayden has a summer job that he loves! Woo hoo for responsibility!
*We’ve finally felt the sun in large doses…and ahhh… we love sunshine.

Bad
*Jace's classmate recently said to him: “The only reason you have any friends is because you had cancer…” grrrr.  Matt had to hold me AND Hayden back from marching right over to THAT house…ha ha… but after a delicate conversation with Jace about this UNTRUTH, I think we convinced him he IS very likable.:)
*This morning when Hayden walked downstairs, I was shocked to see that he grew an entire foot overnight!! (ok, not really…but almost!!) I am thrilled that he’s growing, but I grieve at the thought of him “growing up!” How is it possible that my sweet boy is now too big to sit on my lap!?? 

Warty
*Jace has sprouted even more warts from chemo on his legs and feet. At last count he found over 110! Although they embarrass him, he did give me permission to tell about it on the blog for the sake of accurate details when we look back on this mess.  (If you are reading, and your children are Jace’s friends or cousins…don’t tell them about the warts. Ha ha. The Doc says they will most likely clear up when chemo is complete… but Jace really doesn’t want anyone “to think he’s a freak.”)
*The good news is, Jace found a funny way to get rid of the warts!  The last time he slid into home base, he skinned his knee so bad he took out 10 of the warty lumps  in one swoop.  He giggled with excitement when he noticed they were gone (and at the sight of his own blood). Then he said, “I better slide into home more often!” J

More chemo the 13th… LP this time. Yuck.
We can do it.
Love you all.

5 comments:

  1. Kids can be SO mean! I am irritated for you just knowing that a kid said that to Jace. Good luck with the next chemo... your almost to the 3 yr mark . that is AMAZING!!! GOOD for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go march over to that boys house. Some kids are just so cruel. Jace is an amazing young man and VERY likable, so I'm glad he doesn't believe that kid anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you told Jace this but it sounds like jealousy to me,that Jace has so many friends and maybe this kid doesn't have as many as he wants. I guess even cancer doesn't protect you from the cruelty of kids. I know for sure when he is an adult,and hopefully before, he will truly regret saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will go tell that rotten little stinker that he better quit being rude to Jace or he is going to get the worst atomic wedgie that he has ever had!!!! ok now I feel better ;-) I am so sorry that he has had to go through so many ugly, sad things in his short life but he has the most amazing family in the world to protect and support him. I so hope that someday he will be able to look back on this time of his life and realize how much love and support he was given and the ugly memories will totally fade away. Love Emily Foster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austen thinks your the COOLEST KID because you have so many friends and that you deserve every one having gone through what you have!! He looks up to you more than you know. Thanks for being a good example!

    ReplyDelete