Saturday, September 12, 2009

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia


A.L.L- I guess it's the good one...if it can be called good. The nurse told us if we have to have a cancer, this is the one to have. The official results from the blood came back, and it is A.L.L. Right now we are waiting for the operating room. Three procedures will be performed: Central Line Port Implanted, Bone Marrow Aspirate and Biopsy, and Lumbar Puncture. Tomorrow we will start Chemo.

Jace is sad and sick. His head hurts, and he is hungry. Because of the coming surgery he hasn't had anything to eat or drink since midnight. We are trying to talk the nurse into a Tylenol. There is an X-Box here in his hospital room, but his head hurts too much to play. I'm so sad.

On that note, I am loving the texts and calls...but I have to tell you all that Matt and I are a mess. We keep saying that we are finished crying and that we are going to be strong for Jace, but then we talk to one more person. PLEASE don't be offended if I don't pick up my phone. I can't talk or I cry. I just need a few hours or days. I love you all, and I am so grateful for your prayers. We do feel them.


10 comments:

  1. Amy, I just logged back in to show the blog to Rob and saw this latest post. I am grateful that the news is the best it could be under the circumstances. I totally understand about the crying. That's exactly how I am. I can hold up until I have to talk to someone and then I lose it. Just know that you are so loved and I have always thought that your Jace was just the cutest little guy--quite irresistible. I was crying when I read how sad and weak he is right now. I know you take comfort in the fact that you are in the best hands possible. I will keep "checking" on you through the blog.
    Love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, Amy & our ironman Jace!
    Just wanted you to know that we are all thinking about you! Nakeaden said a special little prayer for his bud Jace last night. He was pretty worried about you. I am so glad you are keeping this blog. It is good for you to write, but who am I to tell the teacher? I hope you feel of all our love, and Jace you get feeling better so we can all celebrate that upcoming birthday! Your the best!!!
    We Love you all! Uncle Brad and Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear the news. Your little family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt and Amy,
    I was so sorry to hear about Jace. I am sure that everything is just crazy. PMC is the best. You will have the best of care there and all our prayers are with you. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do.
    Lots of love, The Munns'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy I hope the bloging is helping you as much as it is helping us. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you ALL! Let us know if there is anything we can do!! Brent and Maureen Foster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy & Matt,
    I am sad to hear your news. We sure do love you! Thanks for the updates on Jace. We are keeping tabs on you, and you are in our prayers as well!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say! We love you guys, and are thinking of Jace, and you all. You guys have been on my mind so much lately. Please let us know if there is anything you need we are so close! Be strong! We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys we love you guys!! Jace lish is thinking of you and wants you to know she loves you. You are her bud!! Hang in there guys. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have put your names in the Idaho Falls Temple. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Bev and Ed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you guys, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. We were just up at PMCH with one of my kids and I can't even imagine what you might be going through. I was just visiting Emily a few weeks ago and Jace came outside with us to visit the pony. He was being so cute. I was snapping pictures of the kids and he wouldn't let me get a picture of him. I finally got one of him after I snuck up on him. You will most certainly be in our prayers. If you need anything while you are here I am only a phone call away. Emily has my number. I can do whatever you need. I don't mind at all. Hugs
    Tyler and Rochelle Olsen

    ReplyDelete