We received pictures via email of our incredible buddies at Jace's elementary school. Some ambitious parents have designed a program, called Pacers, for the students at our local school to run or walk during recess on certain days of the week, receive tokens for miles completed, and receive a reward of a field trip at the end of the year if they complete 50 miles. My older son Hayden worked very hard at earning his field trip during his 4th grade year, and for the first two weeks of school this year, Jace was running pacers...(wondering why it made him so tired!). He was saddened that after he learned he was sick, he wouldn't be able to complete his 50 miles.
But, of course, the little heroes in our community came to the rescue. Jace's friends at his school ran for him this week. Once again I'm awestruck. Thank you children. You are amazing.


Go Hibbard Hawks! :)
ReplyDeleteI just had to share a few funny things that have happened in our home lately on behalf of Jace. My six-year old seems to have taken a particular interest in him and prays for him in every prayer. The only problem is that she can never remember his name-one night he's Jake, the next he's Jason. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father knows who she's talking about though. :)
Then at breakfast prayer this morning my nine-year old prayed that "the little boy would get better from the zucchini". Apparently leukemia is a pretty tough word to remember. She was embarrassed when I teased her about it after but I thought it was cute.
We'll keep praying, even if it's not for the right name. :)
Amy-I have been following your blog-(thanks Emily for spreading the word) I am so touched by your son. He sounds like an exceptional little guy. I have also been so touched to hear about the outpouring of support you have received. There is something special about Rexburg that creates such a close bond. Even though I don't live there anymore I continue to feel this bond and sense of protectiveness for my Rexburg family. Your family and sweet Jace are, and will continue to be in our prayers. I will keep following to know next time you are in SLC and I will bring you some goodies, or maybe better yet, olives:)
ReplyDeleteRozalynn Webster-Hite
My little girl McKenna Luthy is in Jace's class again this year. She has been so excited when she gets home from school to tell me that she ran pacers again for Jace. She is so sad that he is sick and told me that she is going to keep running all the pacers for Jace so he can go on the field trip. Let Jace know that McKenna misses him and prays for him to get well. Your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeletewith love the Luthy Family.