Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hair



Well, most of the men in my life are now bald.:) Jace, Hayden, Matt, Dad, and Brothers—Nephews, Uncles and friends… It was a regular party.
My views on many things have drastically changed over the last month. Last week my love for my sisters, cousins, and friends; mother and grandmother grew as they ran (or walked) the 5K for Jace, and last night my heart over-flowed with love for every male on my front steps.

Right before everyone arrived, Jace started getting cold feet. We almost called off the party, but he decided it would be ok, if he only had to “trim” his hair… but after the hair started falling, he was excited to be a part of the fun. I'm weepy this morning thinking of the power in numbers. The tears aren't flowing, but they keep escaping the corner of my eyes when I revisit the images:








27 comments:

  1. I LOVE OUR BALD BOYS!!!! :D Every single one of them!!!! Good thing they are all good lookin or we might have been in trouble! Love you guys!! Hope you have a great day......
    Kort

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! Bald is awesome! What awesome boys! Alex was so sad he didn't make it but I had a blast shaving his head at our house! You are awesome Jace! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought i would see wayne and bob with a mohawk! i love that picture.

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a blog lurker, I have never left a comment. You don't even know me, but we have been praying for your family. I just needed to tell you that the last picture of all your "bald boys" is one of the most wonderful things I have ever seen in my life. What a gift...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a handsome bunch! I am so proud of this amazing group of men! Jace, you are loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing!!! Sorry we had to miss it, but we thought about you guys last night. I love all the pictures, those will be great for the future to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those Chrome Domes!!! That is the best picture ever! Jace, I am so jealous because nobody shaved their head with me. Your buddies must really like you if they were willing to shave their heads with you. You are setting a fashion trend and making bald cool. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. INCREDIBLE!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I too am a lurker... What a tribute you Jace! Having all the men in his life come together with this kind of support brings tears to my eyes! Jace is a great example to me. I love that kid. Please tell him that even though he doesn't know me or me him, I am and will continue to pray for him. I grew up in Rexburg and now live in Colorado... the Idaho roots go deep and even after 28 years of being away, I still care deeply about the people there... even the one I don't know. Thank you for sharing everything about your journey. It's truly faith building for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you will never feel "alone" and that there will always be strength in numbers for you and your family, but you are entitled to some moments where you want to cry, you've definately earned them! I love the haircuts. They all look handsome, what a fun thing to do and I'm glad to see that your hair did not change. I hope that Jace likes his too and the antibiotics help him feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those guys look awesome! What a party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jantzen would have joined the party but it seems one or another of our kids has had coughs, sniffles and the like so we've kept our distance for now. Know that Jantz continues to pray for his buddy and would love to stop by when the time is right. Let us know...love the new 'do'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it...my kids loved "Coach" Grover's mohawk! What a support...I get teary just thinking about the spirit of love this group has with/for each other. Jace you can change your doo everyday with different cool beanie hats now!
    What an awesome group. GO! FIGHT! WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been following your blog since it had been published in the newspaper. looking at you blog, I realized you took our picture at my son's baptism in September. You are an amazing women/mom. Your family continues to be in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  14. The passion that your friends and family show for your little super hero are truly amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, I love these pictures! They are so cute. I have never seen such a strong resemblance between matt and Jace as I do in that last picture! I am glad the party went so well. Devan really wants to bic his head but we are having family pics tomorrow and I told him he would have to wait. He is not too happy about that. I have to agree they all look pretty cute bald!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so awesome. I have such a strong spirit with me as I read your blog. I KNOW our Heavenly Father is watching over your family. And you can just SEE the love and support your family and friends have for you and your family. You continue to be in my prayers.

    Dana, mommy to 3.
    Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been following your blog since it was sent to me by a mutual friend. We've never met, but we do have some friends in common. Hopefully we can get aquainted at some point when you aren't in the midst of this trial any longer. I want you to know that I cry right along with you, and I think about you often. You and your family are dear to me, and I am hoping and praying for you. I have a 5-year-old boy and he looks up to our very bald home teacher. For the longest time our little Sy kept asking for a "bold" haircut. It took us a while to figure out that he meant bald. Please tell Jace that "bold" is cool to boys his age who don't even have leukemia. Our family is sending you all of our love. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also am a lurker!! I have read your blog from the beginning over the last couple of days. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. You taught my husband in HS many years ago and we have been touched by your story. I have become a follower and plan to keep up Jace's progress. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We both grew up in the Rexburg, St. Anthony area and now we live in Colorado. We also have Idaho roots that run deep. I wish there was something I could do to help. Just know that we are praying for you daily. You are a strong woman and mother. Just know that we are all here for you and you are never alone in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pictures of the grandpas made my eyes a bit moist. That is really awesome that all of those men and boys did that. We pray for you all the time and know that Heavenly Father is watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I can say is "WOW"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy I have got to tell you, I am not a crier by any stretch of the imagination but when I read your blog the tears just flow. I will keep you all in my prayers and tell Jace I know how it feels to be on steroids and have a "full" face. Hang in there kids...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great picture! My hubby would naturally fit right in hahah! You guys are amazing and im glad to hear Jace is progressing. You have such good boys, i think the lord knew what he was doing when he sent you both boys, they are such good kids. Love ya.

    Brittanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow they all look awesome! I NEVER thought I would see Coach Grover with a mohawk!!!! I don't know you personally but Luke is a very good friend and you know my brother Ryan, but I to check almost everyday to see how this amazing little tough guy is doing. You are an amazing family, and you are a wonderful mom/blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This really touched me. There is definitely power in numbers! I love you Mrs. Leatham. You and your family are always in my prayers. Thanks for keeping such a good blog, so I can be updated. Love you lots! Hang in there Jace!!
    Love, Karli Egbert

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, so this has been a pretty rough week for me but seeing that picture of your dad with the mohawk made me laugh out loud and cry at the same time. How blessed you are to have the family you do. It's something that I have always admired so much about the "Grover" clan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this post!!! So much love and support! What amazing men you have in your lives!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete