“Friday morning (9-11-09) Matt went to work, and I stayed home with Jace. Around 10 AM Jace decided he wanted to bath. Normally he spends an hour in the bath if I let him, and after three songs on his Primary CD, he was ready to get out. He was shaky and he had to sit down, wrapped in his blanket, on the toilet. He said, I’m so dizzy mom. I helped him comb his hair and brush his teeth, and I had to carry him back to the couch. He said he heard a hissing in his ears. He even said, “I don’t want to die, mom.” Kneeling in front of him I assured him he wasn’t going to die…”
“…I’m just looking at his file right now. I think you better bring him in again.”
“…We are driving to Salt Lake now. It is 8:03 PM. Matt and I take turns crying. Everyone is calling. Hayden has a scared look in his eyes, and Jace is finally asleep. He’s had blood drawn 5 times in the last 60 hours. He cried worse every time. The last time at 4:15, Matt and I were both crying with him…”
“…Primary Children's Hospital: We are checked in, and it's not just a giant nightmare. It's almost 2 AM and they just came in after looking at the latest blood draw and said Jace needs more blood. His red blood cells aren't carrying enough oxygen to his major organs, and his heart rate is too high. They just took more blood, and they should have a positive match within a couple of hours. Jace is being such a sweetheart; when he saw my dripping tears while I listened to the doctor, he started rubbing my back…”
“…If you are reading this, please pray for Jace. Whatever form of positive faith and energy you can send our way will not go unrecognized.”
Wow, right? Did we really live through that??
I have a new favorite song.
It's called, "Hope Now" by Addison Road.
Some of the lyrics state:
If everything comes down to love,
Then just what am I afraid of?
When I call out Your name,
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I am Yours.
I am not my own.
I’ve been carried by You,
All my life.
Everything rides on HOPE now.
Everything rides on FAITH somehow.
When the world has broken me down.
Your love sets me Free...
The truth is, for the last entire year we HAVE been carried by our loving Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. Everything truly does ride on HOPE and FAITH now, and I am so grateful for these blessings in our lives.
So although this morning I’ve been a little tearful, I have to admit it feels really great to say ADIOS to the last year…to fear…and sadness… I am full of HOPE for the future and an undying FAITH in an atoning Redeemer.
We are moving on, CANCER! …and we’d prefer it if you DON’T follow us!
Two years of chemo left.
We can do it.
Hang in there! Jace is lucky to have a mom like you. Before you know it you'll be at the half way mark and counting down. You're amazing as always. See you sat.
ReplyDeletelove you guys so much!! i always love reading your posts! when i was little i used to tell everyone hank was my hero, but now, i have a new hero!! way to kick cancer right in the booty bud!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you are alone in your tears as you have reread your past posts! Thanks for your courage and strength that you have shared this past year. Natalie is my son's pre school teacher and was my daughter's last year. I mentioned yesterday that even though I don't know you, I love you!! I appreciate your spirit and faith and how you have made me a much more apprecaitive mom!!
ReplyDeleteYou most certainly HAVE done it and you can STILL do it. Bless you!
ReplyDeleteJace,Amy,Matt and Hayden, you guys are AMAZING thanks so much for sharing your story. You have touched so many lives. Stay strong IRONMAN :0)
ReplyDelete