Sunday, January 3, 2010

Not Gonna Miss Ya-- 2009

I can’t lie. I’m glad it’s gone. Maybe someday I’ll look back on lessons learned, but not today. We are moving on. The good news is Jace has had his best week yet. Since his chemo treatment December 28th, Jace hasn’t been very sick at all. His new anti-nausea medicine is working (Thank you Dr. Hancock!), and he has eaten normally for a week. Jace also had high enough numbers to get out of the house a little.

His hair was getting bad again though- fuzzy and stringy, so we had our own head shaving party. We decided not to put the whole gang through the misery this time. Although Matt and Hayden literally shaved their heads with a razor, Jace didn’t have to. It took about one minute to whisk off the hair he still had, and his scalp is baby smooth.

We have a week of peace ahead of us, and then we’ll be back at Primary Children’s Hospital. We are FINISHED with phase #3, and we are ready for  #4. It’s been almost 4 months since Jace was first diagnosed, and 3 ½ months ago I didn’t know we’d make it this far. Look at us now—actually, look at Jace now. Isn't he cute?  Here we go… 2010.

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that 2010 is a better year for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leatham Family,
    From the Hansen family we wish you a Happy New Year and may Iron Man Jace kick some leukemia butt! Jordyn misses you and prays for you every day.
    Taunya and Jordyn Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Jace. 2010 will be better!! I remember having to shave my head a total of three times...so, I know how you feel. Not fun, but I have to say....You are one stinkin' cute bald kiddo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy! cute little boy :) let me know when you guys come down. I would love to poke my head in and say hello. you guys are doing awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Leatham family! Four hard months DONE!i have to agreee...Jace is sure cute!We love you! Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. JACE...It was so good to "see" you at the school yesterday!!! I know several classmates were glad too. Thanks for stopping by the kitchen :) YOU made my day, honestly! I'm so glad you have had some good days.
    Amy... 2009 wasn't our best year either...I too look forward to a super 10 !
    Love you guys
    GO! FIGHT! WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does look very cute! Glad to hear that you are into the next phase. Hopefully with every milestone and phase passed you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete